Home.                   About.                   Recipes.                   Outfits.                   Sponsor.                  

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Babycakes Review : Cake Pop Maker and Cupcake Maker!

So to make a long story short, my boyfriend bought be the Babycakes cake pop and cupcake maker last year for a Christmas present. I had been wanting it for a long time before that, and I was more than excited when I opened my present! Somehow the cake pop and cupcake maker was used once, and ended up in my basement for about a year. I always wanted to try making things in it, but after my first experience not being so good (I burnt everything...) I felt the oven was the better choice. Well, that was until I began experimenting with recipes and by doing that, baking only one or two cupcakes at a time. These makers are perfect for that. Also, they are so convenient. It only takes around 4-5 minutes for the cupcakes or cake pops to finish cooking.
Both of the makers came with two cute little booklets filled with recipes to use. I like how they included more than just cupcakes for the cupcake maker. Who knew that you can also make tiny pies and quiches?
So many cute products...

Here is my attempt at a cinnamon sugar donut hole made in the cake pop maker. A pretty good attempt if you ask me :). They tasted so good. They only had to bake for about 5 minutes, so easy! Definitely a lot easier than turning on an oven and wasting all of the that electric. These makers are going to turn into my go-to appliances when experimenting with recipes. Especially when I only want to make one or two cupcakes or cake pops.
The aftermath...not that bad of a mess to clean up.
Same donut hole recipe made in the cupcake maker. These little cupcakes turned out to be cinnamon sugar glazed muffins. Just as good as the donut holes!
The pros:
-Convenient and quick
-Great for whipping up small recipes
-Cook without the mess

The cons:
-If you don't fill the cake pop or cupcake reservoirs enough the batter burns. If you fill it too much then the batter overflows. It's hard to find a happy medium.
-Because of how quickly they cook, the texture can seem more like a pancake or waffle

Will I use the Babycakes cupcake and cake pop maker again?
Yes, I definitely will be experimenting with it a lot more in the future.

I hope this review was helpful!! I had so much fun baking with these. 
XOXO Sabrina

Like it?

♦ FollowTwitter Pinterest ♦ Facebook Bloglovin ♦ 

3 comments:

  1. Your boyfriend is so sweet. That babycake maker must be a life saver (at least to me)! Those cakes look so cute and tiny. I want one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so perfect!!! very cool gift... :) I would love to bake with this one! They turn out so tiny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another con (or pro): Desserts whenever you want them.

    In all seriousness, this is cute! Reminds me of those quick-bake ovens that were all over the commercials in 2000 or so :P

    ReplyDelete